19 ½ questions for stand-up comedian Tracy Morgan
We find out what inspires the star of 30 Rock and Saturday Night Live’s former joke-writer-in-chief.EDGAR staff May 28, 2014
1. How would you describe yourself?
Handsome. The most beautiful man on the planet.
2. How would others describe you?
3. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
4. What is your biggest regret?
I can honestly say that I don’t have any.
5. What do you consider to be your best attribute?
I can’t tell you that over the phone!
6. Do you prefer live or scripted comedy?
I never look at it like that. They’re all muscles that I like to stretch. Stand-up is my first love, well I won’t say that because I love all of it, but stand up was the first station to my career.
Sometimes people say mean things.
7. What inspires you?
Everyday people inspire me.
8. What is your most prized possession?
I have a ring that my father gave me before he died.
9. What do you do for fun?
I go home and watch TV or listen to music. I like to relax and rest when I have the time to.
0. What’s the most stressful part of the job?
The media, sometimes people say mean things.
11. Would you ever consider script writing for other comedians?
Absolutely, I wouldn’t mind.
12. How much time do you spend working on a set?
On [US TV show] 30 Rock, I used to spend about 14 hours a day.
13. What is your biggest luxury?
Taking a risk always helps to move you forward.
14. Are you an early morning or late night person?
15. How important is it to take risks?
Very important. Taking a risk always helps to move you forward.
16. What’s more important: Quality or affordability?
17. What makes you laugh?
18. Are you ever concerned that your jokes are going to bomb?
No, not really. I know that you can’t please all the people all the time.
19. Do you have any advice for people going to one of your shows?
I just want everyone to put their camera phones and records away, and just enjoy the show.
19 ½. Finish this sentence: Comedy is...
The greatest gift to the world.