Burj Al Arab's beach club opens to all
For a limited time non-hotel guests can use the two pools, luxury cabanas and Californian restaurant. Entry price: AED 1,800.Meryl D'Souza September 21, 2016
We'll assume you've heard of the Burj Al Arab's new terrace. Formerly named North Deck, the 1,000-square-metre extension spreads 100-metres out into the Arabian Gulf and accommodates 24 air-conditioned cabanas, 400 sun loungers, a freshwater pool, a saltwater pool, the Californian Scape Restaurant and a bar.
But chances are you haven't been there yet, are we right? That should be immediately about to change however.
For a limited time - now until September 30 - Dubai's most luxurious beach club is opening to non-hotel guests. With prices starting from AED 1,800 however, it will still be far more exclusive than any other of Dubai's best beach clubs, although just 40 per cent of the hotel's entry-level rate; deluxe one-bedroom suites go for AED 4,500-a-night.
So with just one week left to make the most of it, what is on offer? Short answer: a lot.
The pimped out, air-conditioned cabanas come with dining and spa menus, a fully stocked mini-bar, fresh fruits, freshly ground coffee, Bang & Olufsen entertainment systems, individual patios, upholstered beds and a rotating amenity cycle, with 4–6 varieties per day.
Besides the standard 24 cabanas there are also eight royal cabanas that aside from offering everything regular cabanas have, come with a private bathroom, shower area and veranda. The day pass will also grant you access to the previously mentioned Scape, where you can indulge in decadent dishes from the Californian fusion style menu, and get your shisha fix.
Here’s all the information you’ll need before you go:
- Cabana weekday rate starting from AED 1,800
- Cabana weekend rate starting from AED 2,200
- Royal Cabana weekday rate starting from AED 3,000
- Royal Cabana weekend rate starting from AED 3,750
- Cabanas can be booked on a full day basis from 08:00 to 18:00
- The rates are only valid until September 30
- Scape Restaurant & Bar is open from 12:30pm to 3:30pm for lunch and 6pm to 11pm for dinner
- The sharing style dishes start from AED 65.
- Booking is required for all guests including hotel guests, Burj Al Arab members, and non-hotel guests via Burj Al Arab Restaurants Reservations.
Developed by marine construction experts ADMARES at a shipyard in Finland, the terrace deck was unveiled in May this year after being shipped across the world in six parts, and assembled on site.