Villa Layali at Desert Palm Dubai is luxury defined
The three-bedroom villa comes with its own pool, private chef and personal butler.Meryl D'Souza April 21, 2016
We thought that Dubai's Floating Seahorse was going to be the most luxurious piece of real estate we saw this week, but it's now got some competition.
A short-ish drive from Downtown Dubai, Per Aquum Desert Palm has always offered its guests an opportunity to escape the metropolis without having to venture into the desert. But it's now upped the luxury ante with the unveiling of Villa Layali.
The 845-square metre villa, located within the Desert Palm’s 160-acre polo estate, can accommodate up to six adults and children, and comes with its own 60-metre pool, private chef and rooftop terrace, perfect for watching the chukkas beneath you.
Styled by award-winning designer Isabelle Miaja, Layali's private entrance, stone courtyard, fountains and waterfalls set the tone as you arrive. Inside, the Great Room with its solid oak floor and long marble table are perfect for a stately dinner, which of course can be prepared by your private chef - although you do also get priority reservations at the resort's fine-dining restaurant RARE.
The bedrooms are all en-suite with freestanding stone bathtubs, separate indoor and outdoor rain showers, twin stone basins and fog-free mirrors. The beds themselves come with a pillow menu.
Elsewhere, ceiling-mounted BOSE speakers and remote controls for the mood lighting add modern touches to the Arabian avant-garde aesthetic. There's even a bespoke cocktail-making set and cocktail recipes, to assist you with your sundowners.
Those who wish to call the sprawling three-bedroom villa their home will have to shell out AED 18,750 per night, but the price is worth it when you consider the amenities.
- One master bedroom with king bed, walk-in wardrobe and an attached bathroom featuring a freestanding bathtub and an outdoor rain shower
- One additional room with a king bed and one twin room – both with bathrooms
- A separate living and dining room overlooking the polo fields and the swimming pool
- A 60 square metre pool with sunbeds, a sundeck and an outdoor dining area
- Remote-controlled mood lighting
- Complimentary WiFi
- A 40-inch flatscreen TV, CD/DVD player with Bang & Olufsen surround sound
- REN and Eminence Organic amenities in bathrooms with a bath salt menu
- A private chef on request
- Cocktail making equipment and Layali created cocktail recipes
If all this makes you feel like you’re living in some kind of dream where you’re a GCC billionaire, it gets better. Upon booking the Layali, guests are contacted to select the wines and Champagnes they desire to have stocked in their private wine fridge and to pre-book butler service.
Layali guests can also avail of complimentary limousine transfers and are offered a private, six-seat buggy to explore the rest of the estate, just in case you get bored surrounded by all that luxury.