Slowly but surely, Dubai’s food scene is coming back to life. And, with autumn around the corner, the cooler weather is encouraging residents to venture out once more to sample what the city’s restaurant scene has to offer. Number one on your socially-distanced list should be the Bali-themed Koko Bay, a beachside restaurant and tiki bar with a killer view that will have you breathing a contented sigh of relief the moment you kick off your espadrilles and lower yourself into one of its wicker chairs. Here are five things EDGAR likes about the hottest spot in town right now.
1. The new food and drink destination at the gorgeous West Beach development on The Palm has uninterrupted views across the water of Dubai Marina. Go early and have a stroll on the promenade first to wake up the appetite.
2. The interior decor is Bali beautiful. Rustic woods, handwoven fabrics, boat oars and wicker light shades all add up to a design mood that calls for espadrilles, linen shirts and aviator shades.
3. It has a hammock, a plank swing, and a chair swing, all of which are perfect for your next Instagram shot.
4. The menu is enormous and ranges from sushi and dim sum to oysters and noodles. But for EDGAR, the highlight was the Nom Nom crunchy salad of red cabbage, carrots, edamame beans, cashew nuts, cucumber and juicy lychees in a knockout soy and sesame dressing.
5. They allow dogs and supply bowls for water – woof.